Bridging the Implementation Gap in Global Biosecurity
This project builds upon previous collaborations to address the implementation gap in biosecurity in Africa and the ASEAN region by strengthening sustainable biological risk management and biosecurity across these regions and closing the gap between policy development and implementation. Project activities include:
- Support for the 2020-21 South-South Global Mentorship Program;
- Delivery of a virtual global biosafety and biosecurity conference;
- Delivery of a regional workshop to strengthen national biosafety associations in East Africa;
- Support for the development of a new West African Biological Safety Network; and
- Establishment of an Equity-Focused Coordinating Committee to ensure the representation of marginalized groups in the biosafety and biosecurity communities.
Risk Area(s) covered
Start Date: January 1, 2021
End Date: December 31, 2022
ASI Database Release
Providers and Implementers ?
|Implementer||International Federation of Biosafety Associations (IFBA)||NGO|
Related Projects & Programs
|Mr Trevor Smith||Head & CWC Point of Contact||
Global Partnership Program