Education and Awareness-Raising in Ukraine (Project P633)
The main objectives of this project are to:
- Collect information, develop a network and disseminate knowledge on biosafety, biosecurity and bioethics amongst life sciences experts, specialists in the field of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries; and
- Prepare and submit to the Government of Ukraine, relevant ministries, agencies and universities, recommendations on the need to implement obligatory curriculum covering biosafety, biosecurity, and dual-use for students studying biology, medicine and agrarian sciences at university level.
Specific project activities to date have included:
- The development of guidelines and training materials on biosecurity, biosafety and bioethics for teachers, lecturers and mentors in the medical, biological and agricultural sciences;
- The translation and printing of the joint UK and Canadian-funded publications ‘Preventing Biological Threats: What You Can Do?’ and ‘Biological Security Education Handbook: The Power of Team- Based Learning’; and
- The development and maintenance of the website www.bsseducation.com.ua.
In order to develop and improve the teaching methods, the materials developed during the course of this project have been presented at well-attended regional workshops and conferences, and international symposia.
Providers and Implementers ?
|Implementer||Palladin Institute of Biochemistry (Ukraine)||NGO|
|Implementer||Science & Technology Center in Ukraine (STCU)||NGO|
Related Projects & Programs
|Mr Luke Bailey||CBRN Security Desk||
Counter Proliferation Department