National Implementation, Verification and Universality II
This project enhanced the capacity of States Parties in fulfilling their obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) and encouraged non-States Parties to better understand the benefits of joining the Convention and getting more involved in Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) activities. Project activities included:
- Bilateral technical visits to provide focused assistance to meet the requirements of the requests made by State Parties;
- National awareness workshops, specialised training courses, and implementing legislation assistance;
- Training of Customs officials on the technical aspects of the CWC’s transfers’ regime;
- Providing grants to National Authorities to obtain basic office equipment; and
- Making e-learning tools for the OPCW National Authority training into an electronic format.
Providers and Implementers ?
|Provider||European Union||International Organization, Regional|
|Implementer||Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)||International Organization, Global|
Related Projects & Programs
Parent Program: National Implementation, Verification and Universality I
|Ms Veronika Stromšíková||Director||
Office of Strategy and Policy
Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)